Schools may help by...
- Collecting non-perishable food or new unwrapped toys
- Collecting money for a donation
- Sponsoring a hamper
- Volunteering at Safeway/Sobeys/IGA’s Family Appreciation night
Grade 9-12 students represent the Christmas Cheer Board on Tuesday, December TBA, encouraging the purchase of $5/$10 food packs and donations. Contact us
- Participating in our School Hamper Packing Program (grades 4 to 12)
All hampers are packed by school children on our assembly line starting mid November to mid December in either the morning or afternoon.
If you are an interested in the School Hamper Packing Program:
Step 1: Please register below - one registration only per school please.
Step 2: Confirm your scheduled hamper packing date and time once you receive notification by email early November, confirming:
- your agreement to participate in the Christmas Cheer Board School Hamper Packing Program for the scheduled date and time
- the school and teacher’s name is correct (included on participation certificate)
- you will bring a maximum of 25 student participants (limited space at the warehouse)
Step 3: Hamper packing day
Christmas Cheer Board Location: 947 St. James Street (at St. Matthews)
We'd appreciate your best effort to arrive by:
- Mornings - 9:30 am
- Afternoons - 1:30 pm.
Hamper packing will take about 75 – 90 minutes.
On arrival you will be greeted by our Hamper Line Coordinator. After a brief orientation, you’ll proceed to the hamper packing area, where adult volunteers are waiting to assist students. Each student is given instruction on their specific station.
- Packing is completed in a warehouse environment with power equipment. It is very dry and dusty. Please beware of any of your students’ health issues.
- Media may be present at any time so please be sure students have a photo release.
- If for some reason you are unable to participate on your confirmed scheduled date and time, please ensure you notify us as soon as possible 204-989-5680.