The Christmas Cheer Board is providing food hampers, and gifts for children 14 and under, for the 2022 holiday season.
Who can apply?
People in need and living in Winnipeg (including St. Norbert) can apply for a hamper for their household. Individuals and families must apply for themselves, referrals are not accepted.
How to apply?
Hamper applications are only accepted by phone at Hamper Application Call Centres.
Employment Income Assistance (EIA) applicants
Call 204-948-2022 to apply. EIA case number is required. Your address must be current with EIA.
Christmas Cheer Board volunteers are located at the EIA Application Call Centre to take your application.
The EIA Application Call Centre opens on November 7, 2022.
EIA Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
The EIA Application Call Centre closes Thursday, December 23 at noon. After the call centre closes, call the CCB Helpline 204-989-5680.
Low income, pensioners, students, new Canadian applicants
Call 204-989-5683 to apply. Manitoba Health card information required for all adults in the household.
Household contact information, as well as personal income and expense information is required.
It is important to provide current and complete information for each adult and child in your household.
The Low Income Application Call Centre opens on November 7, 2022. Hours of Operation
Our Hamper Application Call Centres are extremely busy. Please have patience as we do our best to process all applications and answer calls.
When applying for a hamper, you will be asked to choose one of the following options:
- Available to all hamper recipients.
- Starts Monday, December 7 at the Christmas Cheer Board warehouse.
- Volunteers will deliver hampers between December 7 and December 23.
- Delivery date and time cannot be provided.
- Delivery is attempted twice. If delivery cannot be made, hamper must be picked up at the warehouse. A notice will be left by the delivery driver.
- Sponsored Hamper: If your hamper (food hamper and gifts for children 14 and under) is sponsored through our Feed-a-Family Program, the sponsor will contact you directly for delivery date/time.
Printer friendly How to Apply poster.
Winnipeg Transit Information
Route 26 Logan-Berry Route – Weekdays & Saturdays
Route 15 Sargent-Mountain Route – Weekdays/Weekends
Route 20 Academy-Watt Route – Weekdays/Weekends
Please check out www.winnipegtransit.com to plan your route.