Who can apply?
The Christmas Cheer Board provides food hampers and gifts for children for the holiday season and supports families living below the poverty level. People in need and living in Winnipeg (including St. Norbert) can apply for a hamper for their household. Individuals and families must apply for themselves. Referrals are not accepted.
How to apply?
Hamper applications are only accepted by phone at Hamper Application Call Centres.
Employment Income Assistance (EIA) applicants
Call 204-948-2022 to apply. EIA case number is required. Your address must be current with EIA.
Christmas Cheer Board volunteers are located at the EIA Application Call Centre to take your application.
EIA Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday 8:30 am - 4:30 pm
The EIA Application Call Centre closes Thursday, December 23 at noon. Call the CCB Helpline 204-989-5680 after this date.
Low income, pensioners, students, new Canadian applicants
Call 204-989-5683 to apply. Manitoba Health card information is required for all adults in the household.
Please provide current and complete information for each adult and child in your household.
Our Hamper Application Call Centres are extremely busy. We thank you for your patience as we do our best to process all applications and answer calls.
When applying for a hamper, you will be asked to choose one of the following options:
- Available to all hamper recipients.
- Starts Wednesday, December 7 at the Christmas Cheer Board.
- Parking is available on the east lot facing Berry St. Please do not park in front of the entrance.
December 16: no more Delivery requests accepted
- Volunteers will deliver hampers between December 7 and December 23.
- Delivery date and time cannot be provided.
- Delivery is attempted twice. If delivery cannot be made, hamper must be picked up at the warehouse. A notice will be left by the delivery driver indicating warehouse location and open hours.
- Sponsored Hamper: If your hamper (food hamper and children's gifts) is sponsored through our Feed-a-Family Program, the sponsor will contact you directly for delivery date/time.